Sunday, April 30, 2006

Saturday night fever ...

Yes, I just watched it on tv. The dancing was actually a lot better than I remembered. And it was nice to see some familiar New York City scenery. In fact, yarn shops in NYC is a topic coming up on this blog one of these days.

But now ... some real knitting content!



This thing that looks like it is slowly sinking into the deep blue sea is my second attempt at the back piece of the Aqua Jacke! The Aqua Jacke is also known as the Jacke in Apricot from Rebecca 27:



The yarn color is not accurate in the scanned image, it really is best described as 'aqua'. The yarn is Novita Samos in their new turquoise color. Somehow I was not expecting the knitted fabric to be quite so ... well, aqua ... but now I think it will actually be a nice summer-colored cardigan. If I finish it in time for summer, that is.
I just restarted the back after trying it on together with the fronts and realising that just a little too much stretching action was needed over the bust to make the front pieces meet. The back looked really nice from behind but I could tell that leaving out the side increases that widened the piece from the waist up was going to cost me dearly. So I promptly ripped and cast on again, adding a few stitches to the ribbing as well. This means I can't really stay with the pattern but will have to play by ear as I reach the increases. Fortunately Samos knits up very quickly and is a fairly pleasant cotton blend yarn to work with. Whether or not I will have to reknit the fronts as well remains to be seen once I finish the back.

Trivia: The deep blue sea is actually the cover of my scanner who has dutifully taken on the mission of Capturer of Images for Knitblog in the absence of Digital Camera, who was recently taken into Repair Workshop with what I fear is irreparable damages.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That colour is so delicious.