Sunday, August 12, 2007

Summer FO



Without further ado, here she is:



Wanna see some detail up closer? You got it.


Or perhaps the pattern on wood?






Pattern: Lovely lacy shawl by Patons
Yarn: Novita Florica, 5 balls
Needles: Addi circulars, 4 mm

This project really started as an experiment to see how far I would get with a more complicated lace pattern after having done only one major lace project previously. So I pretty much took the most challenging pattern I could find online at the time (this was almost two years ago). The pattern didn't have charts so I made the charts myself from the written instructions, corrections for the errors are now found here (under Wrap it up).

When I started I never really expected to finish it, but as it progressed me and Lace knitting developed a firm and loving relationship and will never leave each other now (although we may take a long hiatus from time to time). Had I known I would actually finish it and thought about the finished size of the thing (she has the wing span of an eagle, 190 x 90 cm) I would have chosen a thinner, more elegant yarn. But what the h - she's done, she's lovely, she's found a better home and is worn proudly by her new owner, who is a lot taller than me and thus better equipped to wear an eagle size shawl. All is well that ends well!

2 comments:

Villasatu said...

I knew this was worth waiting for :-) It's gorgeous!

if it only were charted...

Anonymous said...

titta min schal! många som beundrat den här.
s.