Monday, October 30, 2006

Returning

Hello Blogger, my old friend,
I have come to talk to you again ...

I'm still alive and kicking, but still not really knitting. However, my fabulous Secret Pal sent me a little medication for my uninspiritis, and I dare say it is having some effect.


I got three skeins of lovely Rowanspun DK in a hazy blue shade called Cloud. This was my very first Rowan yarn and I love it. I wonder if these secret pals have a sixth sense because they always seem to know exactly what will do the trick. Or did my pal get hold of my computer's cache to see that I've been surfing Cucumberpatch's site a hundred times eyeing the Rowanspuns but never getting round to ordering? Whatever the case, THANK YOU, secret pal! I have started a swatch with the yarn, and although I don't have a clear vision of what it will become, for now I am happy just fondling the yarn and the lovely soft tweedy fabric that emerges. A little yarn bliss goes a long way.

There was also a card with a cute little lace pattern in the package. Very clever, I thought. Forgot to include it in the picture, though.

Nothing else to report on the knitting front, I'm afraid. My UFO's are sitting in the precise same spot where I left them two months ago. But I've decided not to worry too much about it. I think I overdosed a bit on the knitting, blogging and yarn obsessing last winter, so now is the time to recover and think about other things for a while. When the time is right knitting will come to me, I do not have to force myself to go to it.

But to all you fantabulous knitters out there: You rule! What an amazingly creative bunch of people the knitting community is.

Knit on, blog on. I'll join you when the spirit is willing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Piipahdin vain toivottamaan Rauhallista Joulua 2006 sekä Onnellista Uutta Vuotta 2007!

Lappis said...

Hoppas du mår bra.