Tuesday, August 01, 2006

River Rapids Socks

Lo and behold - a finished object!



And there's even two of them!



River Rapids Socks
Pattern: The Sock Bug (see sidebar)
Yarn: Regia Silk (55% wool, 20% Silk, 25&Polyamide), less than 100 g

Needles: 2,5 mm

This project was started quite some time ago, but was delayed due to some Second Sock Syndrome, which in turn was due to my intended recipient suddenly relocating from New York City to Mozambique. Somehow I couldn't picture her wearing these on the streets of Maputo. (We knitters know, of course, that wool socks can be worn in any climate, but since she's not a member of our tribe I didn't want to put her in an awkward spot.) Anyway, when I found a new recipient I finished the second sock in no time.

I'm pleased with the result and the pattern was easy to follow and remember. I made some minor modifications in the stitch count for the gusset, but otherwise the pattern worked very well for my yarn, which was
yummy, yummy, yummy! I will definitely use it again. But the best part is that I'm now allowed to start a new sock project! It will be a cotton blend sock. No pattern yet, just some ideas ...

Oh, and I also got an enigmatic email from my Secret Pal. Yay! This is so much fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable socks!

Anonymous said...

A very beautiful pair! Regia silk is yummy to knit with.

Carita said...

Lovely socks !