Wednesday, June 21, 2006

In the summertime when the weather is hot ... nothing gets done

Not that the weather has been that hot... I'm just in a sort of pause mode at the moment. I don't watch TV, and so I don't knit. Knitting for me is very closely linked to TV, as sad as that sounds. I also don't get to surf the internet that much, which is basically a good thing, but it also means I kind of loose touch with the knitting community, and run out of inspiration. What can I say, I'm weak like that :-/

What little I've done I've already talked about here a number of times: a few more completed rounds on the shawl and one finished Aqua jacke sleeve, which of course has to be reknit ...
(Aqua Jacke part XXXVII)

And I suppose I must also confess that I have spent far more time than is good for me drooling over library books filled with ideas for beading and silver wire projects. The endless possibilities! I'm a sucker for endless possibilities. This just may have affected my knitting time a tiny bit as well.

Tomorrow, however, I will go back into my old tracks. I'm going on an outing and it involves yarn!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Hi!
I found you through the European Knitters Ring and just wanted to say that I really enjoyed what I've read so far. :D Especially the Hairloom Shawl is simply gorgeous. And I consider you very courageous for taking that on. My brain almost exploded only looking at it. ;)

Sharon in Ireland/NZ said...

Hi, found your blog through the European Knitters Ring too. Know what you mean about knitting and tv. I got lots of knitting done this weekend as there was lots of sport to watch. I'm also hoping to knit the Apricot Jacket from Rebecca - have to get yarn yet and have to finish off a few other WIPs first. Good luck with yours.